The iPhone Dev Team and Comex have come out with an all-in-one online jailbreak called JailbreakMe 2.0. The process to jailbreak is fairly simple if you are an experienced jailbreaker but if not, use the guide below.
This jailbreak is compatible with the following devices:
iPad on 3.2
iPad on 3.2.1
iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G on 4.0
iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
iPhone 4 on 4.0
iPhone 4 on 4.0.1
This jailbreak, unlike some other previous jailbreaks, does not require the use of a computer.
If you are facing issues with FaceTime chat and MMS that are disabled with the jailbreak, you will need to restore your iPhone and re-download the jailbreak and the new JailbreakMe version no longer has this problem.
Read: Make sure you have already Synced your iPhone with iTunes and it is already activated with your carrier. This jailbreak will not activate it for you. If you don't have an original SIM to activate your device with, follow the steps in this guide before continuing.
- Tap on the Safari icon on your homescreen.
- In the adress bar, type in: http://www.jailbreakme.com. Then press Go.
- Once the page loads, a slider will be presented at the bottom of your screen. Slide it from left to right to start. (If you see a purple screen, close Safari and restart your device. Then start at Step 1 again.)
- Now wait for JailbreakMe to download the required files.
- Then JailbreakMe will begin to install the correct files and jailbreak your device.
- Once it's done, a message will popup saying "Cydia has been added to the homescreen."
- Close Safari and open Cydia, wait for Cydia to restart.
- Open Cydia once again.
Now you can begin installing themes, apps, games, and more in Cydia