Apple's release of iOS 4 brings multitasking, though this can be helpful in some situations, it can get annoying that apps that you have only opened for a moment are left running in the background, taking up valuable resources and speeding up the drain on your battery.
The jailbreak add-on for SBSettings, Processes, aims to solve this problem by giving the user an easier way to close apps running in the background. Processes even goes farther than closing apps by closing up unneeded services and resources.
- Make sure you are jailbroken. (How do I do that?) And that you are on or at an above firmware of 3.0. (How do I check?)
- Open Cydia, go to Search, type in SBSettings. Download and install SBSettings. (Respring device if necessary).
- Now slide your finder from left to right on the statusbar (the bar found at the very top section of the screen).
- Tap on More (middle-left section of the screen).
- Now, tap on Set Toggles.
- Turn on Processes.
- Press the home button and let your device respring.
- Open SBSettings, tap on the Processes icon.