I was recently looking though instructables.com and I saw this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Free-iPod-Touch-Dock/. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now but I couldn't because of my bulky case. But now I'm free because I have Best Skins Ever! So I decided to build it. I changed it up a little bit, but it turned out pretty good. I decided to change it so the box was vertical instead of horizontal. But you can do it either way.
What you need:
- The little white dock adapter that came with the iPod
- The iPod Box
- Some glue or double-sided sticky tape
- Some Tape
- The charging cable that came with the iPod
- Scissors and probably a hobby knife(a Swiss knife works fine)
- The template http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FA8/V6M4/F7PCRYWI/FA8V6M4F7PCRYWI.pdf , just push the print button.
- A pencil
- First, cut out your template.
- Then trace, on your box, the template. DO NOT FOLLOW my example I did it the wrong way, make it face the other way.
- Cut out the hole in your box.
- Tape or glue the white dock connector in the hole.
- From the bottom, tape your USB wire through the hole in the bottom of the dock adapter. It shouldn't go all the way but just enough to get a grip on your iPod on top.