| 2 comments ]

I was recently looking though instructables.com and I saw this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Free-iPod-Touch-Dock/. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now but I couldn't because of my bulky case. But now I'm free because I have Best Skins Ever! So I decided to build it. I changed it up a little bit, but it turned out pretty good. I decided to change it so the box was vertical instead of horizontal. But you can do it either way.

What you need:

  1. First, cut out your template.
  2. Then trace, on your box, the template. DO NOT FOLLOW my example I did it the wrong way, make it face the other way.
  3. Cut out the hole in your box.
  4. Tape or glue the white dock connector in the hole.
  5. From the bottom, tape your USB wire through the hole in the bottom of the dock adapter. It shouldn't go all the way but just enough to get a grip on your iPod on top.
There you have it! A really cool, and free, dock!

2 comments

chris said... @ April 15, 2009 at 9:49 AM

uhm is that the first gen
and uh m harsh do u have the first gen??

Deadfire55 said... @ April 15, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Hey Chris,
Yea, this is the first generation iPod touch. I have both iPod touch 1G and 2G. You can't do this with 2G because Apple didn't supply you with a dock stand.

Post a Comment