Facebook has finally released it's long-awaited (and long-overdue) update to the Facebook app.
Going into the app store now won't show the 3.0 update so you will have to follow theses directions to get Facebook 3.0 now:
-Uninstall Facebook from your iPod/iPhone.
-Reboot your iPod/iPhone.
-Install Facebook, it will then be at the 3.0 version.
The update adds considerable improvements to the functionality to the mobile version of Facebook. Here is the complete list of updates that Facebook 3.0 brings:
- See your upcoming Events and RSVP.
- See your friends’ birthdays.
- See Pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer.
- Write Notes and read your friends’ Notes.
- Upload videos from an iPhone 3GS.
- Friends sorted by first or last name according to your settings.
- Upload photos to any album.
- Complete photo management (create albums, delete albums, delete photos, delete photo tags)..
- Change your Profile Picture.
- Zoom into photos.
- Like posts and photos.
- See the same News Feed as the Facebook website.
- Visit links in a built-in web browser.
- See all of your friends’ friends and Pages.
- See mutual friends.
- Become a fan of Pages.
- Chat friends sorted alphabetically.
- Easily search for people and Pages.
- Make friend requests.
- Quickly call or text your friends.
- Create shortcuts to your favorite friends and Pages.